Monday, January 20, 2014

Hello It's Monday Again!!

    I cannot complain about Mondays...they are filled with friends, art, laughter and good food. And when I say good food I mean great food..Faye made some chicken and dumplings that were out of this world delicious!
    Silent moment as I remember the dumplings..........

    This week we picked back up where we left off last Monday..we could have moved on but I wanted to have the ladies to experiment using more pigment in their paintings. I think they liked the result.


      The paintings above were done by my friend and artist Christie Crawford. Aren't they gorgeous!! You did a great job...everyone did!! I love this technique. The salt was applied to the damp paint and once dry left a fabulous texture. I thought it  looks like leaves. I can't wait to see this finished!
       Colors used in this painting were Prussian Blue, Burnt Sienna and Yellow Ochre

       Hope your day was filled with love, laughter and art!!
   
    

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Vickie for showing all of us how to achieve theses beautiful textures and colors of harmony. Looking forward to the next class!

    ReplyDelete