Thursday, March 31, 2016

Crayola Color Wheel

   This week in classes I am teaching a bit about color theory. I thought I would start with crayons. A search of the web left me frustrated  so I bought a new box of 24 crayons.  I  quickly realized  that my yellow crayon cannot be mixed with my red crayon to make orange or my blue crayon to make green.....which led to a class on color bias and an hour of coloring and color mixing..
Needless to say my students did not want to use crayons; they decided to use pencils and I had to put together another color wheel with colored pencils lol but I now have a color wheel for future reference and they had a good time. I hope that someone else might find this useful.

   Yes I am an artist and teach art, but no, no I cannot draw a straight line or a circle..even with aides..
So forgive my lopsided circles and my wavering lines...







                  Primary Yellow is a mix of   Yellow + Dandelion
                  Primary Blue is a mix of   Cerulean + Blue
                  Primary Red is a mix of   Red + Violet Red
           
                                       Happy Coloring My Friends!!

      

               

No comments:

Post a Comment